May 17, 2012

The transition question


Traveling back to Canada recently for my sister’s wedding, I was met with the same question from many people “So, what are you planning on doing next?” It’s a good question. Even when I returned to the YWAM base in Brisbane, many people asked that same thing of me.

I’ve committed to working with YWAM Brisbane until June 2013 – doing hospitality, overseeing some projects on base, facilitating base meetings, working with youth in the community.

That’s all I know.
And I’m alright with that.

I guess in a time of transition, even if I’m not thinking down the road just yet, everyone else is. Earlier this month a large Discipleship Training School graduated. So between staff and students there were some 50 people asking that very question of themselves – what’s next?

Here is where my personal battle lies - do I reach and attempt something that’s kind of scary and unknown or do I stick with what I know?

Status quo doesn’t rock the boat.
Jesus called Peter (his disciple) out of the boat to walk on water.

That seem pretty clear. God, will almost always call us to something that’s a bit scary but guarantees that He will be there every step of the way.

***
“Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
Matthew 14:29 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment