November 2, 2012

Excited frustration


For the last few months I’ve been on an internal journey with God of joy, passion, surrender, obedience and trust.

Really great, right?
Yes! Of course.

The only hard part has been to verbalize – mostly in writing – what I’m learning. I realized last week that it had been over a month since I last wrote for my blog. A big no-no for me, since I’d earlier committed to writing at least once a month.

So what’s the deal?
I suppose I can only sum it up as writer’s block.
And the solution? I’ve just gotta start writing again.

Take this as my simple, humble, start-up again.

I guess it’s the same reason I really like Mondays. I know most people – yes even in YWAM – begrudge Mondays as the weekend-killer. But I’ve come to embrace Mondays as the start of something new, a fresh start, a fresh beginning. God’s mercies are new to me each day, and especially on Mondays.

That has to be my trick here too: view my blog through fresh eyes, that will hopefully get me more excited to share my faith and regular life journey with those of you who read.

Is there something in your life you’ve committed to, but dropped and desire to pick it up again?
Go for it, there’s a new beginning waiting for you!

****
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning.
                Lamentations 3:22-23a (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment