February 11, 2013

In Person Love Letter

This is a love letter that God delivered to a young cashier who works at my neighbourhood grocery store.

The letter starts about a month ago. As I was going through the check-out one afternoon, I noticed the unique name on the woman's shirt - Chey.
I then asked the young cashier how she was doing.

Not great, was her response. She'd been off work the day before because she'd had an asthma attack and fainted in the break room.
My heart stirred when she told me - and I sensed God urging me to pray for healing.

I told Chey that I was a Christian, and that I believe God heals. That God loves her so much personally, that He doesn't want her to have any physical problems.
So I offered to pray for her while she scanned my groceries. She agreed. I prayed for her lungs, each cell that takes in oxygen, for her airways, and for her heart to know God's love.

When I was finished praying, I asked Chey how she felt. She said she felt much better, even simply because someone showed they cared about her.
I said I hoped to run into Chey again. I'd hoped to meet up for coffee sometime while she was on a break. She agreed.

But I didn't see Chey again, until today.

I finished my groceries at another check-out, and while I was leaving the store I noticed the name tag of another cashier from a distance.
Yes. It was Chey.

I went to say hello and to find out how she was doing. I reintroduced myself. And immediate Chey remembered who I was.
She thanked me for praying for her that day about a month ago and for what I had done. In fact, she said she was grateful for what God had done.
Wow! She totally acknowledged God's healing hand. It turns out she hasn't had a single asthma problem since that day. Chey said she's even been able to exercise again without suffering an asthma attack.

God loves her.
He didn't need to write it down in a letter.
He showed up and showed Chey His love right smack dab in the middle of her work day.
And He is hopefully doing it everyday she is able to breathe freely again.


****
And one of them (a leper), when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God. 
Luke 17:15 (NKJV)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment